Lady Bastet, is the Egyptian goddess of the home, domesticity, women’s secrets, cats, fertility, and childbirth. She protected
The sandal is a traditional felucca with 2 sails, this sailboat, formerly used for the transport of stones or goods on the Nile, can dock on the banks of the Nile thanks to its shallow draft. These boats are now rehabilitated and used as comfortable sailboats with cabins, rediscover the charm of the past while aboard our beautiful boat
Accommodation on board consists of comfortable 5 standard cabins that can accommodate up to eight people. All are individually decorated with oriental furniture and have their ensuite bathrooms.
Lady Bastet’s half-shaded sun deck is the heart of the Sandal, with chairs, a divan, sun beds and dining tables. This is the perfect place to enjoy daily life on the riverbanks and watch the landscape of beautiful Egypt.
The deck is also spacious enough to set up for that early morning meditation, yoga or just to watch the magnificent sunrise and sunset while sailing on the tranquillity of the Nile
The salon on the lower deck with its comfortable sofas, it’s the perfect quiet setting to end the day, swap stories, share experiences, read a book or play a game of backgammon while enjoying a Turkish coffee.
- The deck size is 12 metres long and 4 meters wide
- Sleeps up to 8 passengers
- Lower Deck – 1 Double cabin and 4 standard Cabins with Panoramic Windows.
- 1 Double Cabin with Queen beds – Cabin sizes of 10 m2
- 2 double bed cabins; cabin size 8 m2
- 2 Single bed Cabins Cabin sizes 6 m2
- Small room for the tour guide
- Wall Fans
- Each of the cabins has a private en suite bathroom with a shower & WC
- All cabins and suites have outside-facing windows
Upper Deck – Sun Deck
- Sunbeds to enjoy the sun
- Egyptian style seating areas
- Our Main Restaurant and buffet area for beautiful Buffet Breakfast, Lunch & Dinners and beverages.
- Complimentary Wifi access is offered throughout the boat
- A salon for a comfortable and quiet place to relax indoors.
- Generator for electricity 220w
- Water filters for freshwater supply
- Safety equipment (smoke detectors, emergency lighting and sprinkler system).